To celebrate the Lunch Day–oops, I forgot, it’s ‘Launch Day’– of Sprinkle Pups, I made an amazing feast for my fellow CXOs, and today I thought I’d also show all of you how to make a charcuterie board for dogs. It’s super easy and super fast, if you have an assortment of pup-friendly snackies on hand.
First you’ll need a pretty board or serving platter that you want to use to display all the yummy snacks. You can even use a plate — I’m sure your pup won’t mind, because take it from me, it’s the snacks that count! Be careful to choose items that are safe for your pup to eat. Here are some ideas to start, but you should pick and choose based any specific allergies or problems that your pup might have:
- An assortment of dog biscuits, different flavors, shapes and sizes. (I walk my mom to the local pup store down the street where they have a biscuit bar that you can choose from, and you pay by weight)
- Chicken cubes
- Beef cubes or slices
- Liver cubes
- Banana slices
- Blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- Carrot pieces (raw or cooked)
- Cooked pumpkin pieces
And if you want to be extra fancy, include some dips in cute little dishes!
- Pumpkin puree (from the can is fine)
- Plain yogurt (I like Greek yogurt, with probiotics)
- Peanut butter
Once you have all your pup’s favorite snacks, place clusters of like treats on your serving board. You can get extra fancy by spreading out one or two items out in pretty patterns that traverse parts of the board.
Once you have everything placed, you’ll have a beautiful barkuterie board that will have your pup drooling!
If you make your own barkuterie board, Ellie, Tipsy and I would love to see them! Share a photo and tag us on Instagram @SprinklePupsCo!